Antworten
asoftaaja
Motorkennbuchstabe: CAHA
Getriebekennbuchstabe: 0AN
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Multitronic "overhaul" parts

Beitrag von asoftaaja »

Hello,

I have a 2009 A6 with 2.0TDI 125kw engine, with 7-speed Multitronic. The car has done 365.000km and MT still works smoothly. Gearbox oil had been changed every 60k km until 330.000, after that I have changed it myself 2 times and will continue to change with 20000-30000km interval.

However I have been thinking about doing a good overhaul at some point because it's such a good car and I would like to extend the life of the gearbox if possible. Also the dual-mass flywheel should be changed at same time. I think the dual mass flywheel does not make any rattle noise, but car has quite harsh engine vibration when accelerating at low rpm. I fear that the multitronic may be damaged from vibration.

My question is what should be changed inside the gearbox? I already know these items:

Suction jet pump: is this a single part from Audi or need multiple parts?
Suction pump filter inside gearbox
Filter outside gearbox: does it make sense to change and it seems the price for this is high about 250 euros?
Chain: is it worth to change it? It seems that you can get LUK chain from ebay for about 400 euro
Clutch plates: is there a simple clutch plate kit available and do I need any adjustment plates with different thickness? Or just swap the plates and good to go?
Oil pressure pump: is there anything that should be done to the pressure pump? Like swap some sealing ring?

Thanks and best regards
lubusch
Auto: Audi A4 Cabrio 8H7 B6 3.0 V6 162Kw Bj.2003 ,Multitronic
Motorkennbuchstabe: ASN
Getriebekennbuchstabe: FRY
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Re: Multitronic "overhaul" parts

Beitrag von lubusch »

The vibrations can actually only come from the two mass flywheel.
If your gearbox runs well and doesn't bother me, I'd just change the two mass flywheel.
Gruß Manfred
Der Optimist ist ein Mensch, der glaubt, dass eine Stubenfliege einen Weg nach draußen sucht.
*** Bitte auch den "Spendenknopf" des Portals beachten und bei Zufriedenheit betätigen ***
VCDS HEX-CAN-USB Raum 27616 Niedersachsen
asoftaaja
Motorkennbuchstabe: CAHA
Getriebekennbuchstabe: 0AN
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von asoftaaja »

Thanks, yes you may be right. The box seems to work well..and there is a great risk to disturb it in the process. [icon_biggrin.gif]
I thought that the suction jet pump and filter might be "easy" to swap out. Can they be removed without disassembling the clutch?
lubusch
Auto: Audi A4 Cabrio 8H7 B6 3.0 V6 162Kw Bj.2003 ,Multitronic
Motorkennbuchstabe: ASN
Getriebekennbuchstabe: FRY
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Beitrag von lubusch »

In order to replace the suction jet pump and the internal filter, the gear unit must be dismantled.
If the transmission is then open, everything should be done again.
Just changing the suction jet pump and the filter makes no sense.
Gruß Manfred
Der Optimist ist ein Mensch, der glaubt, dass eine Stubenfliege einen Weg nach draußen sucht.
*** Bitte auch den "Spendenknopf" des Portals beachten und bei Zufriedenheit betätigen ***
VCDS HEX-CAN-USB Raum 27616 Niedersachsen
Antworten